Sunday, January 30, 2022

Blog 1: Introduction

Growing up, my parents would always let me try a sip of the various drinks they had. Wine is probably the first alcohol I have ever tried as my mom usually had dry red wine whenever she drank. My dad normally just drank different kinds of beer. I never really enjoyed tasting their drinks, as they were always super bitter, which is probably why my drink preference now is more sweet. Bold rocks, other ciders and various wine coolers were the first beverages that I loved. 

After coming to college, and turning 21, I was able to go to wineries and breweries like eastern divide, rising silo, devils backbone and more. I got to try more options of wine and beer that weren't like the ones my parents always drank. Going to wineries and breweries made trying new wines a lot more exciting and tasty. Although I didn't know any of the proper wine etiquette while tasting it, I still thoroughly enjoyed trying the different types and flavors of wine. My favorite wines to drink now are semi-sweet white wines and sweeter reds.

I hope that this class will help me expand and grow and force me to go out of my comfort zone to try new things. I would love to go to as many tastings as I can with my friends throughout the semester. My wish is that my palate will become more diverse with all types of wine. I know that I don't like very bitter wine or wines that make my mouth dry after drinking them. I also know that I haven't tasted many varieties of wines. Considering how much I have already learned in this course, I'm excited to learn a lot more during the semester.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Rebekah's Wine and Dinner Pairing

    My friends and I are all taking Geography of wine this semester so we decided to each make a dish and pair it with a wine we thought wou...